Friday, June 21, 2013

Led by the Spirit...


Acts of the sinful nature not just include things like sexual immorality and drunkenness, but also things we (or many of us, including me) consider a very normal human response.This include: hatred, discord, dissension, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, faction, envy and debauchary. 


Debauchery: excessive indulgence of sensual pleasures (the sense to see, touch, smell, taste  and feel)
This includes excessive eating/craving for food/fashion/clothes/perfumes etc.. We have a general tendency to limit sensual pleasure to sight and touch, but as we see, this is not the case.


I confess and realize, I DO have these in me:

I harbor bitter hard-core HATRED 

I stir up DISCORD quite often

My thoughts and responses often lead to DISSENSIONS 

I do get JEALOUS

I do indulge in DEBAUCHERY

I almost always have FITS OF RANGE, yes, I am very easily provoked

I harbor SELFISH AMBITION very frequently

I have a tendency to join FACTIONs

I am utterly impure and seek cleansing. Galatians 5 says: "Live by the Spirit and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. They (sinful nature and the Spirit) are in conflict with each other so that you do not do what you want." 

God knows that even when you and me WANT to do good, we cannot, unless we submit to Him and ask the Spirit to lead us. 

May I pray humbly before you, O Father. I need your help. I submit to you. Help me live by your Spirit!

 Lord I have seen many wise and learned men fail utterly in life, around me. So, I realize that it is not wisdom or knowledge that makes one stand. But, it is only by (foolishly, even if soemone may call it so) submitting to you and by learning that I am nothing before you, O Perfect One!

No comments:

Post a Comment