Saturday, June 22, 2013

A letter to my father

Somehow, this prayer I read elsewhere, seems very close to my heart...


A LETTER TO MY FATHER

Dear Father,
It’s being a while since I spent time alone with You, deep in my heart I keep feeling this emptiness, a silent form of loneliness with nothing new happening. I suddenly realised how edgy, cranky and short tempered I had become, blinding my vision and causing a staleness in my life. Father I need You.
I remember when You taught me, to pray always, and You further stated that I should talk to You always without getting tired… but indeed Father, I got tired. I also remember when You said it wasn’t in the repetition of words, but in the perseverance of my desire for the changes I expect. I now realise that no matter how long it takes, no matter how long my heart aches for that change, if I hold on to what you said and my speech agrees with my believe, that which I seek will be done.
I remember when You told me, to use Your name always, and that the miracles I read about will happen in my life if I just believe. It sounded simple yet funny, but now I understand better; that it’s not just in the talking, but also in the believing for a change. It’s not just in calling Your name, but knowing that it’s the key to unseen doors.
I have also learnt that; Power is not in the eloquence of my speech, but in the knowledge of the Word. Power is not just in continuous prayer, but knowing the power of the Spirit in it.
Father, I know deep in me I must do the things that please you. I embarrassingly know that you have deep and sincere intentions for me which I must search out, understand it, and when I walk in it, I would prosper in success. My Father, more than ever, I need You. I need to know the things you would have me do. A lot are changing around me, and I need New changes in my life, New things, New beginnings, a New birth. My Father, I need You.
In Jesus Christ name, I remain
Yours Faithfully
Your Child

Source: RCCGNCA Morning Pill (Daily devotional). Thank you, Tosin.

No comments:

Post a Comment